I’m only two days into this new year and yet I feel pretty confident it’s different…or, at least I’m hopeful that it will be. 2016 brought some amazing personal successes, but also some painful (financially and emotionally) moments. Over-all the year ended up very positive. Through the struggles, I found peace.
We (me and my dogs) have lived in our new house for just over a year. I could not be more happy…I LOVE IT. Even with the huge electrical and plumbing expenses this year, I’m still so glad to be here.
I’m not necessarily choosing resolutions this year, but I do want to create some new habits. I chose seven daily habits I’d like to build this year. It may seem like too much, but I want to aim high and I made sure that all were easily obtainable (some of these I worked on a bit in 2016, so they won’t be too overwhelming).
- 7-8 Hours of Sleep
- Morning Water (immediately drink 24 ounces of water first thing)
- Flossing (ugh…hate it…need to do it and be consistent about it)
- Exercise (I worked a ton on this in 2016 and workout a minimum of 3-5 times a week…but, more is better)
- 10K Steps (this year, until the holidays, I was getting a lot of steps…I probably got an average of 10K steps per day…I want to increase it to 10K minimum)
- Gratitude (I made Gratitude Jars for myself and a few friends…I’ll write more about it later)
I’ve also given myself a few goals centered mostly around “writing more” and “getting things done”. I’m very hopeful for 2017. Time will measure my success.
Did you set any goals or resolutions for 2017? Want to share them below in the comments?